Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Glow


When David got home from work today he said he was going to lay down for a minute on the couch.  I suggested that he do it downstairs on our bed.  To which he responded, "Why?"  I smiled and said, "I don't know, just because."  He got as far as the stairs and said, "You went shopping, didn't you?"  I could not believe he guessed it!  I asked him how he knew.  "You just have that shopping glow!"  Some women glow when they are large with child, apparently I glow when I go shopping.  After days like today, I think I could be a professional shopper.  My blood draws me to good deals.  I told David that I have a talent and I could probably make it big in that profession.  He said I could change the world one purchase at a time; it's probably true, but for now I will stick to the mom business.
Anyways, David has been looking for jeans for several months now.  Here's the shopping paradox about my man:  he does not like long shopping trips, he does he like to pay what he considers to be expensive, and he is very picky about his clothes.  I have tried to teach him the ways of shopping-that bargains on nice clothes take time, but alas, I had to step in and take over.

I was so pleased with my purchase today that I was giddy.  We are on a student budget and we keep the shopping to a minimum (especially David) so know this is not a frequent occurrence.
Just check out the bed full of clothes...all purchased at the Banana Republic outlet.  I spent a total of $107 for 11 items.  I saved about $500 due to coupons and sales...Booh-yah!  Nothing was more than $10 other than David's jeans that were about $20, which fit him just as he likes!  Job well done.  I can go to bed a happy woman.


On my way out to Anthem (where the outlet is), a nasty man that was 40+ rolled down his windows, was yelling at me, waving hysterically, and flashing me some 'lookin good' gestures.  Disgusting.  Apparently he did not see my two kids in the backseat.  I guess sacrifices must be made for such a success.
By the way, I cooked fish last night.  It was slightly disgusting to cut the skin off the fish.  I have never been one to hold amphibians so the texture did me in a little bit and seeing/touching the scales on what would be in my mouth was slightly nauseating.  I don't like when what I am cooking resembles the actual animal that I am about to eat, it makes me consider going vegetarian.  Thankfully I got over it and it turned into a delicious meal.  The salmon scored points with everyone.  Grilled salmon found here and asparagus here.

Have a good one and try to keep yourself from hyperventilating from shock that I just did two blog posts in a row!

1 comment:

Ryanne said...

I am actually a little bit in awe because you posted 2 days in a row. I'm impressed. I am also impressed with the shopping. I tend to start getting frustrated after about 45 minutes of shopping.
I cooked my first salmon last year.I have a difficult time with the scales as well. ew. It turned out divine. I don't know if I'll cook any fish here in guatemala.