Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Olivia's Room

Before Livvy was born, we managed to take out all the baby furniture from Caleb's room and fit it into the office. Two walls are baby furniture and two walls are used for office furniture. Livvy hasn't seemed to mind yet that she shares her room with ugly office stuff-she's a good sport. A few weeks before Livvy graced us with her presence my mom was in town and we did a sewing marathon and made all of the bedding in one weekend. I had ordered the fabric online and it was ready to be sewn by the time my mom got here. My mom was so nice to sew the bumper pad and the crib skirt for me (the less fun and more complicated part) while I sewed the quilt. We took turns with the machine and entertaining Caleb. I'm happy with how the decor turned out especially considering the small budget it was done on.

I wanted an oval mirror somewhere in the room, but the mirrors were rather pricey so I made this mirror by hot glueing a craft mirror onto an oval picture frame. The craft mirror was about $1.00 and the frame about $5.00. We already had the basket and lamp and I just added a basket liner with the leftover fabric.


This is the decor above her crib. I made the flower garland by hot glueing the flowers onto fabric then I sewed the fabric to the ribbons. The prints I made for FREE. I had those frames elsewhere in the house and I used leftover fabric and paper to make the prints.

I was not feeling the traditional color scheme for the girl bedding. I finally decided on this Erin McMorris fabric I found online. At first I did not want any form of pink; my mom said that I obviously did not have to wait long enough to have a girl. I ended up loving the coral and cream in this fabric-and now I'm glad I went with something more feminine. I love it, but I know some do not.
I will just dream about adding white beadboard and coral paint to the walls. That will have to wait until we get a house (that's not going to be anytime soon).

Who needs beadboard anyways, when you can have this on the other side of the room?

1 comment:

Amy said...

I LOVE it, Aleasha! I had NO idea that you were so talented! How did you hide that side of you? :D