Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Growing Up

Caleb turned 1 a month ago and he has truly become a little boy since then. It's bitter-sweet...I am sad that he is no longer a baby, but the more he develops his own personality the more he makes me laugh. He walks around the house like he owns the place. If I leave the room, I'm sure to hear Caleb follow soon after. He has also recently started shaking his head "No" to David and I when we ask him questions such as, "Do you want to go to bed?" We wondered where he learned to shake his head to mean "no", but then we quickly realized that we shake our heads at him all the time to tell him no...oops!

All of these pictures are in Arizona over Christmas. It was splendidly warm and we were able to play outside a lot. I took very few pictures, but luckily my dad took plenty.

Caleb found the candy drawer pretty quick. I think he's deciding if he wants the Reeses or the Mike and Ikes.





Caleb looking like a little boy.











David looking at his new ties. I love the facial.


I made this quilt for Jason for Christmas. I decided to make him something since I couldn't buy him anything he didn't already have. Maybe I'll buy you a private jet next time, Jason.

My mom and Caleb on a walk outside. Look at the beautiful weather. Who wouldn't want to live in Arizona, right?


Caleb loved getting into drawers as usual, but the pool table was a new favorite.





Caleb pushed this toy that was mine when I was little all over the house (this was before he was walking). He was also admiring his new shoes.















All of my siblings with Caleb.














************************************************************
Here we are after church on Caleb's birthday (in Utah before Christmas). He looked so handsome and very tired.

Caleb clapping for himself after everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to him.

Caleb wasn't too sure about the cake thing. He didn't like getting sticky and he preferred just picking up crumbs instead of going at the entire cake. Funny boy.

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

What a cutie! Can't believe he is one already, seems like you just had him. Looks like things are going well for you guys. Oh and I love the quilt, way to go! Someday you will have to teach me how to make one :)